Determining the right price for market conditions is key.
Selling pitfalls such as over-pricing and under-pricing must be avoided.
Did you know that over-pricing and under-pricing a listing can result in:
• Buyer’s not even considering your property for viewing.
• Longer Days On the Market (DOMs) that send a negative message to buyers.
• May have to re-list below market value to compete with similar properties in your area.
• Losing money on your investment.
We’ve all heard the statement LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Location plays a very important role in the marketability of your home. Your home will be close to conveniences that your agent can include when marketing your property. These luxuries such as commute, public transportation, shopping centres and grocery stores, schools, parks, and entertainment are important to buyers when considering your home.
The condition of your house is a determinant of how quickly it will sell.
You want to make your best first impression when your property is listed.
• Maintain your yard groomed and tidy.
• Add a fresh coat of paint to your fences and home interior.
• Clean windows inside and out.
• Wash the exterior of your home and ensure gutters and other exterior fashions are firmly attached.
When you list your house, it must attract the attention of qualified buyers eager to get into a property like yours. Otherwise, your house may take longer to sell and you may not get the price you expected.
Staging and Space Redesign
Although you may have your furniture arranged to fulfill a function in your home, it may be necessary to re-arrange the furniture to allow the rooms to feel open and uncluttered. As with Step You want to make sure to make the best first impression.
Following are inexpensive solutions to displaying your property’s features:
• Wash walls and cupboards.
• Clean floorboards, lighting fixtures, window treatments, and blinds.
• Repair all plumbing leaks and replace all burnt out light bulbs.
• Remove family portraits. (This allows buyers to visualize themselves living in the property).
• Turn on all lights and open the drapes during the daytime.
• Vacate the property whenever possible during scheduled showings.
As experts in the local market, we can get the word out about your listing to all the right people. We know how to attract serious buyers – so a good offer comes in quickly.
To achieve that success, we’ll implement the appropriate marketing plan. After all, there’s more to selling a house than hammering a For Sale sign on the front lawn. We’ll work closely with you to create a marketing plan which may include some or all of the following:
- Taking pictures and gathering the details on your property;
- Writing a compelling property profile and creating effective marketing materials;
- Uploading your listing to MLS – the Multiple Listing Service that real estate agents and buyers use to search for properties;
- Placing advertisements in print and on-line publications buyers use to shop for houses;
- Showcasing your listing on popular websites;
- Leveraging the internet and social media to promote your listing;
- Scheduling and promoting an Open House to attract a multitude of buyers.
In addition, we meet with buyers regularly. In fact, the moment your house is listed we get in touch with everyone we know who is looking for a property like yours, and encourage them to schedule a viewing. We also tap into our network of other real estate agents so their clients know about your property as well.
Our job is to get the right buyers to see your house, fall in love with it, and make a good offer.
Want to learn more about how we’ll aggressively promote and market your house? Please submit the form below or call or email us for a no-obligation Personal Consultation.
The sooner we start, the sooner your house will be sold – and for a top price.